Welcome to Alaska Hand-Elbow-Shoulder
We have created these guidelines to help you, as a new patient of AkHES, with the registration process. Please take a few moments to read through this information and do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
New Patient Appointments
Please print the new patient forms below and bring the completed paperwork with you to your first appointment. If you choose to submit the forms by email, please call our office to confirm that we received all of your forms prior to your appointment. If these forms have not been completed, you will need to arrive 45 minutes prior to your appointment time to complete the paperwork and have x-rays taken. If these forms have been completed, please still plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time for x-rays. AkHES staff will call to confirm your appointment time the business day before your appointment. Please bring the following with you to your first appointment:
- Patient Registration form
- Financial Policy & HIPAA Release form
- Medical History form
- Upper Extremity Questionnaire form
- Worker’s Compensation form (if applicable)
- Driver’s License
- Insurance card(s)
- List of current medications and dosages
- Recent x-rays or testing results for your injury/condition
- Payment (cash, check, Visa or MasterCard accepted)
Our office is conveniently located in Suite 201 of the MGM Professional Building at 4015 Lake Otis Parkway in Midtown, Anchorage.
Our office hours are from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday-Thursday and 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on Friday.
As orthopedic specialists, we require x-rays for most appointments. Please bring any recent x-rays or specialized testing results (related to the problem we will be seeing you for) to your appointment. If we do not have x-rays available at the time of your appointment, or if we do not have the needed views, or if the x-rays are too outdated for our use, it may be necessary to obtain new x-rays. If new x-rays are required, our registered radiology technicians will assist you, using the latest in x-ray equipment. Please be assured that we will only require new x-rays in order to provide you with the best possible diagnosis and plan for your orthopedic condition or injury.
A new patient visit can range in cost from $175.00 to $550.00. This charge does not include x-rays or injections (if necessary at the time of your visit) or any additional testing required outside of the office (such as nerve conduction studies). Your deductible and co-insurance are due at your visit.
As a courtesy, we will bill your insurance company for your visit. Be aware it is your responsibility to know your co-pay and/or deductible information.
- Premera Blue Cross Blue Shield: We are now Preferred Providers with Premera Blue Cross Blue Shield (including Federal Blue Cross).
- Work Related: If your injury is a work related injury it is necessary to provide us with the correct Report of Occupational Injury Form. This form should be supplied by your employer and must contain the claim number and date of injury as well as the Worker’s Compensation Carrier your claim should be billed to. Without this information we will have to consider your visit as self pay.
- Medicaid: We accept Medicaid and/or Denali Kid Care with a coupon for the current month and verification of coverage through the Medicaid system.
- Medicare: We are unable to bill Medicare for any patient charges. Please see our link to Medicare Patients for more information.
- Other Insurance: We do not accept any type of personal or third party auto accident insurance, homeowner’s policy insurance, or Federal Worker’s Compensation. Any injury related to these types of insurance are considered self-pay and will be collected in full at the time of service.
- Surgery Billing: We do require a deposit for surgery. This deposit is dependent on your insurance coverage and will be discussed at your pre-operative appointment.
Rescheduling or Cancelling an Appointment
Appointments with Dr. McNamara, Dr. Paisley, PA Thomas, PA Wonchala, and PA Myers are normally scheduled in advance. If it is necessary to reschedule or cancel your appointment, please allow 48 hours notice. You may contact the receptionist at 907-771-3500, Option 2.
For your convenience our phones are automated. Please call our main number at 907-771-3500. The AkHES main phone line is available from 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday – Thursday and from 8:00am to 3:00pm on Friday. We continue to answer phone calls during the lunch hour. An answering service will be able to assist you in reaching one of our clinical staff if needed after hours for urgent issues; otherwise, we will return your call on the next business day. If it is an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
- For Receptionist (to schedule or change appointments) Dial 2
- For Clinical Staff (to schedule surgery or request a refill) Dial 3
- For Billing Department (to discuss your patient account) Dial 4
- For Location and Office Hours Dial 5
Please plan ahead and submit routine prescription refills at least 48-72 hours in advance. When leaving a phone message for our clinical staff requesting a prescription refill, please include your full name, date of birth, contact phone number, as well as the prescription name, dosage, and the name of your pharmacy. Thank you!